Tuesday 9 October 2012

SHEFFIELD & HALLAMSHIRE SENIOR CUP - Sheffield 3 - 2 Hallam


Competition: Sheffield & Hallamshire Senior County Cup
Level: First Round
Teams: Sheffield F.C. - Hallam F.C.
Venue: Coach and Horses Ground
REPORT IN PROGRESS

For the second time in three days, a visit away from my proposed games was on the cards, but I couldn't miss what may be the only Sheffield Senior Derby of the season (although the Blades vs Owls U21's game took place the same night). So, my first ever visit to the Coach and Horses Ground would be for my first ever Rules Derby, and one I was quite excited to see.
The anticipation was not misplaced either, as Sheffield took the lead before I'd even entered the ground, from what I was told was a crisp (if not spectacular) right-foot drive from just inside the area, inside the first minute.

All was going well for the home side until midway height the first half when, against the run of play and belying the two-division difference, Hallam pulled level. The shot from distance by Ben Kistell had Sheffield keeper well beaten.


No comments:

Post a Comment