Monday 29 October 2012

LEAGUE 1 - Sheffield United - Portsmouth

Competition: League 1
Level: level 3
Teams: Sheffield United - Portsmouth
Venue: Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU

No photos this time, as I was visiting my main club and I simply hadn't thought to take any!  Next time I'm down at the Lane, I'll write a 'proper' report, and I also plan on visiting United as an 'away' fan, to gain the experience a visiting supporter would have.

The match started well, Blackman firing in an early shot which was well-saved by the visiting keeper, but as the game progressed, Pompey looked by far the more likely victors, with Allan shooting wide and Buzsaky (I'm reliably informed!) shooting just over

However, United secured victory in the 66th minute with a Blackman penalty following a reckless sliding tackle on Porter by Lubomir Michalik's, a result which put the Blades top of League 1.

Pompey's fans gave a great account of themselves, travelling a long distance on a chilly Monday night, and the 'Pompey Chimes' rang out at regular intervals.  Even on the walk back to the Station, a small set of around five or six lads managed to keep singing, even chanting "you won, you won" and somehow severely pissing off a few Blades' fan who didn't seem to understand why they'd be so pleased with themselves!

I certainly hope to get back to the Lane next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment